The South Aisle
The South Aisle was added in the 15th century. Before the organ was installed it would have looked east to the altar in the Roberts Chapel.
The Roll of Honour on the left shows the names of Westerleigh residents who gave their lives in the Great War.
On the right we see the Royal Arms of 1755, a huge piece restored in 2004 for the 700th anniversary celebrations. Notice the little lion at the top. Is it a caricature of George II?
All parish churches were required to display the royal arms from the reign of Henry VIII until the 19th century.