The Vestry and Organ
Until the 19th Century, the vestry was a meeting of the parish ratepayers chaired by the incumbent of the parish and would administer rural parishes. Nowadays the vestry meeting is held in the annual district church meeting and its sole duty is to to elect churchwardens. Currently the vestry area is dominated by the organ.
This end of the south aisle was formerly called the Roberts Chapel, after the memorials there to members of the family.
Richard Hollister is also commemorated by a Latin inscription.
The Organ was built by J.G.Haskins and Sons in 1910. It has some 90 pipes. Music and singing have always been an important part of Christian worship.
The oak table probably replaced a stone altar after the reformation. The icon was donated to the church in 2003.